Howdy Partners Honolulu Howie with a recipe I picked up in my greenhorn days out West.
I hope to inspire my fellow cowboys to try their hand at short order cooking. Let's face it; none of us can hope to compete with our women especially Winnie Wahine but it sure is good to be able to make a meal for yourself and save a trip to a fast food joint.
The WESTERN
First of all, this is where the "prep" has to take place and you will need –
Small Fry Pan, Toaster, Small Mixing Dish, Cutting Board,
Egg flipper, Plate and a Knife Cowboy boots and Stetson optional
The ingredients for a single sandwich
1 medium or large egg
1 slice of cold cut meat
1 slice of onion
2 slices of bread
With these items in place on the counter by the stove you are ready to begin.
Break the egg in the dish and beat it with a fork till it is mixed well
Cut both the meat and the onion into small pieces and place in the dish with the egg and mix it all together
Begin toasting your bread as you put a little oil in the pan and heat the pan at medium high for a minute then put the egg into the pan
When the egg is cooked on the bottom, turn it over till finished at the same time butter the toast,
place the egg on the toast, and cut your finished sandwich
TIP
Add a side of some chips, a few pickles or an endless supply of ketchup to dip with, enjoy it while it is hot !!
PREP CHEF HOWIE
I both prep for and assist Chef WW and there is no better way to learn. Along the way I have added Short Order Cook to my title and enjoy the freedom to both cook solo and to treat Chef WW to an occasional meal.
From time to time I will appear here with some ideas for you and some hints for honing your culinary skills so get off the couch and go for it.
Good luck and I'll catch you next time.
HH
2 comments:
WOW Grandpa!!! Nice post!! Is that you in the picture?? You'll have to cook that one for when Michael and I visit in April. (which we are still planning to do by the way) Mom may tag along for the visit. Hope all is well with you. Only 58 more days til our vacation!!!!
I have often had the chance to partake of Short Order Cook Howie's delicacies in his "establishment". I can vouch that they tasted really good. Yes, "Mmmm Good".
Hope to get to taste some more soon....
Post a Comment