August 26, 2007

What's pink, white and green?

I had a good response to the Asparagus
Soup with Crabmeat I thought I would
include this recipe while Asparagus is
still in the stores.


CRABMEAT AND ASPARAGUS CASSEROLE

1 (15 ounce) can of asparagus or
1 lb of fresh asparagus
3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms,
sauteed
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup of Chicken stock or apple juice
Paprika
Pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Place asparagus in the bottom of a
lightly greased casserole.

Sprinkle with crabmeat: top with sauteed mushrooms.
Melt butter in a saucepan;

add remaining ingredients, except cheese.
Cook stirring well to form a smooth sauce.
Pour over the asparagus and crab,
sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
6-8 serving


Of course you can substitute with canned
crabmeat or the less expensive crab sticks.

No comments: